The Durham Outdoors Club is run by members for members. As such, the Club's survival as well as the quality of the membership experience offered to all members is dependent on Club members getting involved in organizing or helping to organize events, and assisting with the management of the Club's business affairs and meetings, in addition to participating in activities offered by the Club.
Membership is open to mature and responsible individuals 18 years of age and older and their families including children.
or $10 for post-secondary students (proof of enrolment required)
The Club's fiscal year runs April 1 through March 31. There are no rebates provided for a partial year membership.
Online Application for Membership
Please read carefully the Club's Liability Waiver.
- I/we understand membership in the Durham Outdoors Club provides me/us with the opportunity to participate in activities which may involve elements of danger and risk that could result in personal injury or death.
- I/we acknowledge this danger and risk whether specified or not, and accept personal responsibility for my/our personal safety as well as any and all negative consequence resulting from my/our participating in club activities regardless of their nature.
- I/we accept full responsibility for ensuring that our children/minors participate in club events safely and follow all Durham Outdoors Club policies and procedures and will accompany our children/minors at all times during club activities.
- I/we further agree to hold harmless the Durham Outdoors Club it's members and executive, along with Hike Ontario, for any outcome, or liability that may result from my/our participation in club activities.
- I/we agree to the distribution of information contained in this application to members of the clubs executive, event organizers or coordinators only.
- I/we have received the second dose in a 2-dose series COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago or I/we have received a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine at least 28 days ago.
By completing the online application, I/we have read, and accept the terms of the Durham Outdoors Club as noted above. In addition, I/we agree to receive emails from the Durham Outdoors Club. By completing the online application, parents/guardians accept the terms and conditions on behalf of their children/minors.
Online payments are processed using PayPal. Please complete the fields below and then click on the Add to Cart button and complete the online payment of your membership fees. Note, you do not have to have a PayPal account to use PayPal to pay your membership fees.
Mail-In Application for Membership
If you prefer to pay by cheque, please complete the printer friendly Membership Application Form in its entirety, then submit it to the membership chair at the address indicated on the form with the appropriate membership fee. Cheques should be made payable to the Durham Outdoors Club. Applications are also available from the membership chair at the Club's monthly meetings.